Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Fall in the City is still on the design wall--


I'm sewing the sashings strips to the rows of blocks.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Saturday Lorri2Rs, Pam, and I went to a sew in at Moville IA.


Over 100 quilters!  We sewed from 9am - 8pm.  There were demos, silent auction, raffle blocks.  Plenty of food and goodies.  I sewed on Chocolates on My Pillow.  Lorri2Rs, well she is good at socializing!  Here was her machine--


Okay, I'm kidding--she sewed until she ran out of "parts" for her project!  2Rs knew I didn't have the RSC color for this month--sea green/teal green.  She shared her stash--


I will have plenty to sew with this month.  I've been doing lots of quilting and I'm always looking for a bargain on batting.  Last week I found 6yd x90" Pellon 80/20 for $18 at Walmart.  The 100% Pellon Poly was $13 for 6yd x 90" rolls.  And I spent enough for free delivery!  The delivery guy did exactly what the sign on the box said "please place deliveries in box"--


The rolls were a little big for the box but he tried!  (I need to paint my box when it warms up).

Today I finished quilting this top--


This top was donated by Mary in South Dakota, she even made the binding.  Its quilted, trimmed, binding on and stacked on the hand sewing pile!  Thank you Mary!  It will be donated through my guild.  

Weekly Goals--

Quilt another top
Sew Fall in the City together
Prepare a backing
Dye a backing

Thanks enough for this week. I'm won't get to it all but that's ok!

~LORI~

 

5 comments:

Sara said...

I'm kind of blown away by that sew-in group. Can't even imagine how much fun that was to have so many quilters all working in one space.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You've been a busy girl.

I can't help but think it must have been noisy in that room with all those quilters & machines.

Been sewing here too. One top finished. Another needs borders sewed on. Working on sewing block sections together for another. Hubby always asks who each one if for and I just say nobody, I just want to make it. Really, why does he fish?

Snowing again tonight & into tomorrow. Supposed to be our Quilt Club day, but we'll have to see what the weather does. Flexibility is the name of the game.

swooze said...

Do you have a pic of chocolate in my pillow?

swooze said...

On!

Tired Teacher said...

I can almost hear the sounds at the sew-in, machines humming, laughter, chairs shuffling back and forth, and the murmur of conversations at the tables. What fun!