Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, February 20, 2017
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was spent with the Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies.  As always, we had a good time!  Lots of pictures in this post--


Donna finished putting together a fussy cut wildlife themed quilt.


Lorri2Rs finished her Cozy Cabins from a strip swap we did with Teresa in Texas.  


Lorri2Rs set together blocks she made as a New Year's Mystery.  She and I walked over to the InWeave (Fabric store in Hawarden a block from where we sew) and she bought the border fabrics.  That fabric didn't sit in her stash AT ALL!!


Lorri2Rs used the big tables to lay out En Provence.  She did this late Saturday night.  She said she was NOT taking it home without it being sewn together.  Her knee was giving her lots of pain, so she moved her sewing machine next to the laid out blocks, and I handed her the blocks--she finger pressed and sewed them.  in 2.5 hours we had it all together except for two border rows.  WOOHOO!!!


Here it is all together!!

And Gina's is together and quilted--


Aren't they lovely?  Where is mine?  Ummm, I'm to step 4.  


I did lots of sewing--118 - 9 Patches for Chocolates on my Pillow.  I did the 5th cut on Simply Woven.  Decided to add the strips at home where there are less distractions.  Over a year ago I had sewn 20 Missouri Star Disappearing Pinwheels.  For some reason they weren't all the same size. 😉 I had used all the pink so for six months a piece of the pink traveled in my wallet.  It was a Kona pink and I finally found it!  I used Dashing Stars from Moda Bake Shop for an idea--

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2015/11/dashing-stars-quilt.html 

 
I added wide sashings to two sides so I could make all the blocks the same size.  See what everyone else has on their design wall at Patchwork Times.
 
I'm not a morning person.  NEVER EVER!!  So when I wore this shirt everyone laughed--


My father bought this for me several years ago during a Christmas TShirt exchange.  

Weekly Goals--

Quilt two tops
Fall in the City
Rainbow Scrappy Challenge blocks
Pink Missouri Star Disappearing Pinwheel blocks

This is enough to keep me busy.  The weather is going to be nice until Friday.  Wishing you all a great week!

~LORI~ 

3 comments:

Sara said...

First of all - great T-shirt! I love it. I'm not a morning person either.

Looks like another productive Iowa retreat. I'll bet you were very relieved to track down more of that pink fabric. It's a nice background for those blocks.

Tired Teacher said...

It looks like everyone used their retreat time to the fullest! I like having access to large tables to lay out blocks, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - what great progress and great quilts!