Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, January 17, 2016
This week I had a finish--

A quilt I made using a kit from my guild.  Kit is not a very good description--there were 70 precut squares--6 to 6.5" squares.  I used about half of them, and added my own fabrics for the rest.  Its a simple Disappearing 9 Patch.  61 x 78".  I'll estimate 6 yds from my stash.  I forgot to take a picture of the backing, I used two pieces of pink/white flannel--a plaid and a polka dot.  Maybe not the prettiest quilt (I might be biased as I'm not fond of purple) but the flannel backing made it cuddly and the pink and purple pansies in the border were cheerful.  On Stashbusters a topic has been how there is a need for more "boy" quilts versus "girl" quilts for donation.  Last year I tried to choose fabrics for QOV that were more masculine--its hard!  This month at guild I picked up another "kit" that has a lot of deep wine reds--it WILL be a boy quilt.  

New Numbers are--

Stash In--0.0 yds
Stash out--6.00 yds
Stash in YTD--2.75 yds
Stash out YTD--6.00 yds
I'm ahead 3.25 yds! 

Please see everyone's stash report at Patchwork Times.



Tired Teacher said...

I tend to use darker hues for my QOV, but sometimes I just have to. Eighteen things up a bit.

Charlene S said...

Add a cute car print to the mix and you have a boy quilt.

Dar said...

I find lots of prints that will work for boys if the colors are not pastel or flowery looking. It only takes one fabric on border to be masculine and the other colors can be solids or tone on tones to coordinate with it. My problem is I have too many florals from years ago to use up. Red, white and blues are always good for boys.

Sara said...

Even if you don't like this quilt because of the color, I'm confident that someone will absolutely love it - because of the color.