WELCOME 2013!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Happy New Year!  2013 is here and its time to set some guidelines.    


2013 Guidelines

Refold/organize ONE cube/spot in my stash per month

Work on ONE UFO per month and move it One more step towards completion.  (add borders, set blocks into a top, etc)

Any piece of stash less than 9" WOF goes into the scrap box to be recut into usable units--noodles, 3.5" x 6.5" bricks, 5" charms.  

Finish a UFO before starting a new project (this one is a bit iffy)
I plan to participate in Design Wall Mondays, Stashbuster's UFO Challenge, Rainbow Scrap Challenge and other internet fun.  Even Stash reports!  I may not post to each one every week--but I enjoy them. 

I plan to make quilts for donation and for family. 

I will participate in internet fun.  

I will remind myself its the PROCESS I love the most!
There, a plan for 2013!  I NEED a plan.
Did you ring in the New Year?  What--don't YELL??  You have a headache?  Sending two aspirin to you ASAP.  Today I plan to do some traditional Cajun cooking.  Ken is a bit wary but I promise not to make it too spicy.  Maybe a few Mimosa's with Henrietta....yeah--that's a good idea.  



7 comments:

Sara said...

Yes - it really is the process that is the most fun. I need to remember that myself.

Henrietta said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Can we play old Beatles songs? What time?

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I keep telling myself that it's the process I enjoy. So, I don't have a plan for the year, I'll just be processing!! It would be nice to finish something though. Actually, I need to finish 2 baby quilts for my niece's expected twin girls, a quilt for my son & daughter-in-law and one for my granddaughter....so I'd better get processing!!!

Nancy said...

Wonderful guidelines for the new year.

I definitely need to focus on the process more than progress. Good advice.

Pokey said...

I'm with you, the process is the best. I think it's what keeps me going on alot of UFOS. You have great order plans, that is a major part of my goals for 2013. A very Happy New Year to you, Lori ~
:-}pokey

pdudgeon said...

definitely sounds like you've got some great ideas and plans for the New Year!
my big step is adding Google Chrome to my computer so that (hopefully) i can start blogging again this year.
I had a bad attack of sciatica just after Christmas,(too much moving of the couch to plug/unplug the Christmas lights) so my back is still recouping. That will slow me down for about another week or so, but after that i should be right back in the thick of quilting again.
I've got 2 quilt tops in progress now, and hope to have them ready to be quilted by the end of the month. Happy New Year, Lori!

Bonnie said...

What a great plan. I think I might borrow some of your ideas.