Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, January 5, 2015
This top is ready to quilt, its a QOV made by my guild.  


Its comes neatly bagged with backing, binding and pressed.  Please see everyone's design walls at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals

Quilt QOV
Sashings on 30's blocks
Sashings on Two Lips
Cut more strips for 30's challenge
Make Island Chain binding
Make Cheddar Delight binding
Make Summer Nites at the Lake binding

These are only GOALS, not a to-do list.  I work on whatever appeals to me.  Or a different project!  I check it often, sometimes that's all it takes to remind me of a project.  

Today I bought fabric for the 30's challenge on Stashbusters, some solid background for two projects.  I didn't want white, picked a light blue and a tangerine.  A few months ago the color orange was discussed and how much Nann and Nancie had liked it in a quilt.  I love orange so will make myself an orange quilt.  Soft orange.  

Snowing and cruddy outside.  

Driving Home
Knee deep snow on our sidewalk












It warmed up as we drove, +4F! Heat wave!  Its going to be about -8F on Wednesday. Good weather to stay inside and sew.  



5 comments:

Sara said...

a soft orange will be a lovely background color.

glad to be missing this snow storm today. I went with the hubbie to a conference in Vegas. But we'll have a driveway to clear when we get home Thursday. Yuck!

Kat Scribner said...

just dang nasty weather. you better stay off the roads! I talked to my brother in Box Elder today. He said rain & freezing rain was part of their forecast too. time to quilt.

Vic in NH said...

Clever design on the Quilt of Valor top! We are just getting a taste of the arctic blast here in New England, so I can empathize with you!

Chris said...

Quite a list you have for just one week!

Nancy said...

Love the QOV top - very attractive!

Knee-deep snow is not fun, so please do not send it my way, okay?